YouTube Shorts, with their quick, snappy content, might not be everyone’s cup of tea. For those seeking respite from the flurry of short video suggestions inundating their feeds, there’s a way to temporarily bid adieu to this feature. While there’s no direct switch to turn off YouTube Shorts, implementing some clever workarounds can offer a breather from these bite-sized clips.
Navigating the YouTube App
If you primarily use the YouTube app on your mobile or tablet, the process to temporarily disable Shorts is straightforward:
- Access Your Profile: Tap the profile icon on the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate Settings: Select “Settings” and then tap on “General.”
- Adjust Feed Preferences: Go to “Playback on Feeds.”
- Disable Shorts: Tap on “Disabled” and return to the home screen.
- Hide Shorts: Scroll down to locate the Shorts section, tap the three-dot icon, and select “Not interested” for all videos.
- Refresh: Close and reopen the app.
Post this, YouTube will temporarily halt Shorts suggestions. If they reappear, simply repeat these steps to keep them at bay.
Read Also: How to Post Long Video on Instagram
Browsing via Web
For those using YouTube via a browser on a mobile or computer, here’s a simplified process:
- Visit YouTube: Access youtube.com in your browser.
- Locate Shorts: Scroll down until you find the Shorts section.
- Remove Shorts: Click the ‘X’ button to remove this section temporarily from your screen.
This action grants you about 30 days of Shorts-free browsing. Should they reemerge, a quick repetition of these steps will restore your peaceful feed.
Delve deeper into the world of YouTube Shorts to understand more about these snappy videos. Learn intriguing details and curiosities to become well-versed in this evolving content trend.
By maneuvering through these steps, you can curate your YouTube experience, tailor-fitting it to your preferences. Embrace a feed that resonates with your interests while sidestepping content that doesn’t align.